Damage Management Claims Handler / Birmingham 14263
We work together, one business, one aim – to be the best.
Salary £16,700 - £20,000 (dependant on experience) package plus benefits including 50% off car, home and pet insurance, 22 days holiday a year (plus 8 bank holidays or time off in lieu) and free travel & breakdown insurance.
You will learn from our extensive range of training and benefit from our brand new systems but most of all you will put your experience to good use, helping resolve issues that mean a great deal to our customers.
What being a damage fulfilment adviser involves
When an important part of a customer's life has been compromised, it’s you they’ll speak to. It’s you who’ll handle their insurance claim, helping them get back on the road and get liability agreed where others are involved. Making settlement decisions and working to resolve claims effectively, keeping customers informed all the way.
Purpose of Role
You will be responsible for the validation, investigation, negotiation and fulfilment of first and third party damage claims, and any other associated losses. You will proactively resolve outstanding investigations, in order to choose the most appropriate settlement route, optimising revenue generation and/or cost control opportunities. The role will have end to end ownership and accountability at a claimant level.
Skills and qualities you’ll need
• Helpfulness and a passion for customer service
• Clear and articulate communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Empathy and understanding
• Forward thinking and proactive working style
• Logical and organised
• Ability to work as part of a team
Career benefits and rewards
It all starts with a competitive salary which will grow as you do. We’ve made sure your annual holiday entitlement is attractive too – and what’s more, we let you choose the rewards that suit your lifestyle.
That kind of flexibility is a key feature of our benefits package. And there’s plenty to choose from, including:
• Pension funding of 9% of your base salary – you can choose to contribute less or more than this
• Income protection
• Life assurance
• Private medical cover (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
• Direct Line Group employees can apply for 50% off Direct Line and Churchill home, motor and pet insurance policies
• We also provide free Direct Line travel insurance and Green Flag breakdown cover to our people
Salary and Hours
• £16,750 - £20,000 (dependant on experience)
• Full time 35 hours
• Shift patterns between Monday to Friday – 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-5pm
• Shift and training information will be discussed at interview and offer stage.
Who we are
Direct Line Group is an organisation with a clear mission: to make insurance much easier and better value for customers. We're one of the leading motor, home and small business insurers in the UK. We’re home to some of the nation’s best-known brands, including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Green Flag and NIG.